“Health Promotion is the process of enabling people to increase control over and to improve their health.”
– World Health Organization
Health Promotion at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is here to embrace a healthy lifestyle and to create a culture of health and well-being that fosters personal and academic success. Health promotion efforts provide holistic education, support and resources for students to create and sustain long-term, healthy behaviors.
Pictured left: Health Advocates host an on-the-go healthy breakfast snack stand.
Pictured above: UWO College Diabetes Network members participate in the Spring break health fair.
Pictured below: Certified therapy dogs at De-stress Fest.
Health Promotion Outreach:
- Campus-wide events and campaigns.
Recent events have included:
- Fall Health and Wellness Fair
- Destress Fest
- Self-Care and Love Your Body Campaign
- Spring Break Health Fair
- Classroom, departmental, and student organization presentations.
Presentations and workshops may cover a range of behavioral health topics, including:
- Sleep hygiene
- Sexual health and relationships
- Physical activity and exercise
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Stress/anxiety management
- Nutrition and meal planning
- Sexual assault and violence prevention
- Careers in health promotion and public health