Health Promotion Events and Outreach
Health education services provided by the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Student Health Center are listed below:
- Campus-wide events and campaigns
- Classroom presentations
- Presentations or guest speaking for student organizations
- Residence Life presentations
- Health information via social media, email, brochures, etc.
- Peer Health Advocate Program
Mobile Health Promotion
Keep an eye out for mobile Health Promotion programs in our new vehicle this year!
Destress Fest After Dark
December 1, 2017
7:00 – 10:00 PM in Reeve Union
Free to all students, staff and their guests.
This event will include a variety of crafts, games, and other activities to promote healthy stress management.
Fruit Fridays will occur a few times each semester and are weather pending. Stop by our vehicle on these days for FREE fresh fruit.
Healthy Breakfast Snack Stand
The Health Breakfast Snack Stand will make a few appearances throughout the year. Stop by the Titan Life Dome for healthy on-the-go breakfast snacks. Fall 2017 dates and locations are listed below.
Date: November 16
Times: 7:30am until supplies run out!
Locations: Sage lobby
Just like it’s important to eat right and exercise, it’s also important to keep our financial lives in check and work to improve them. If our money management is out of balance, our well-being can be too.
Mark your calendars for our Financial Fitness Workshop this Fall, co-sponsored by the UW Credit Union.
Score High: Using Credit Wisely
Monday, November, 7 from 6:00 – 7:00pm in Sage 1214
- Description: College is stressful, that’s why managing your finances shouldn’t be. In this program, get the tools and information you need to successfully manage your credit. Learn the correct steps to build your credit history, manage credit, and how to read your credit report.
Join our Health Advocates at the #MasculinityMonday round table events to discuss and learn about health and wellness topics specific to men.
Dates: November 13
Time: 12:40 – 1:40pm
Location: Women’s Center
Co-sponsored by the Women’s Center, Reeve Diversity & Inclusion, and Health Advocates.
Healthy Eating on a Budget
The Healthy Eating on a Budget Workshop will provide education and training on the following topics:
- Grocery shopping tips and tricks
- Weekly meal planning
- Developing skills to make budget-friendly food decisions
Workshops will be held on:
- Wednesday, November 15 from 4:00 – 5:00pm*
*A registration email will be sent out in early November. In order to provide custom feedback and discussion time, only 10 students will be able to register per workshop.