Health Promotion Events and Outreach
Health education services provided by the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Student Health Center are listed below:
- Campus-wide events and campaigns
- Classroom presentations
- Presentations or guest speaking for student organizations
- Residence Life presentations
- Health information via social media, email, brochures, etc.
- Peer Health Advocate Program
Mobile Health Promotion
Keep an eye out for mobile Health Promotion programs in our new vehicle this fall!
Fruit Fridays will occur a few times each semester and are weather pending. Stop by our vehicle on these days for FREE fresh fruit.
Healthy Breakfast Snack Stand
The Health Breakfast Snack Stand will make a few appearances throughout the year. Stop by the Titan Life Dome for healthy on-the-go breakfast snacks. Fall 2017 dates and locations are listed below.
Dates: September 20, November 16
Times: 7:30am until supplies run out!
Locations: Outside of Halsey on 9/20 and Sage lobby on 11/16
Do you need to learn how to budget better for college life? Mark your calendars for our Financial Fitness Workshops this Fall, co-sponsored by the UW Credit Union.
- Keys to Financial Success in College:
- Monday, October 16 from 6:00 – 7:00pm in Sage 1214
- Score High: Using Credit Wisely
- Monday, November, 7 from 6:00 – 7:00pm in Sage 1214
Join our Health Advocates at the #MasculinityMonday round table events to discuss and learn about health and wellness topics specific to men.
Dates: October 16, November 13
Time: 12:40 – 1:40pm
Co-sponsored by the Women’s Center, Reeve Diversity & Inclusion, and Health Advocates.
Healthy Eating on a Budget
The Healthy Eating on a Budget Workshop will provide education and training on the following topics:
- Grocery shopping tips and tricks
- Weekly meal planning
- Developing skills to make budget-friendly food decisions
Workshops will be held on:
- Thursday, October 26 from 4:00 – 5:00pm*
- Wednesday, November 1 from 4:00 – 5:00pm*
*A registration email will be sent out mid-October. In order to provide custom feedback and discussion time, only 10 students will be able to register per workshop.